Find a TutorJune 16, 2017 2017-06-19 16:47
Find a Tutor
Washington, District of Columbia
OLUWATONI FUWAPE (“Toni”)
Washington, DC 20006
Personal Website: oluwatonifuwape.com
West Virginia University (WVU)- Morgantown, WV Graduated: May 2014
Major–B.Sc. Electrical Engineering
CuriosityStream- Silver Spring, MD July 2015 to Present
• Maintain apps (iOS, tvOS, Android & Amazon Fire TV) to ensure they continue to function flawlessly across new iOS and Android releases.
• Involved in every step of the development process, from brainstorming product ideas, to pushing apps out the door.
Cyber Care (HBO Client Company)- Providence, RI November 2014 to June 2015
• Worked in teams to create Java web applications using object oriented design patterns.
• Used Git, Stash and JIRA to create/complete goals and objectives in a timely manner based on project requirements and milestones.
NSF/West Virginia University- Morgantown, WV August 2012 to May 2014
Research Assistant – Integrated Circuits
• Investigated the use of high performance mixed-signal for mobile device applications.
• Designed circuit layout that reduced power consumption of mobile devices significantly.
West Virginia University- Morgantown, WV January 2012 to May 2014
• Created and presented Hall-Wide programs to educate college residents.
• Managed approximately 150 first year college student relations, and developed the ability to work effectively in different cultures.
West Virginia University- Morgantown, WV August 2011 to May 2014
• Presented information in a way that students could understand, helped students develop confidence in themselves and a positive attitude toward school.
NSF/University of Maryland- Baltimore, MD June 2013 to August 2013
Web Developer/Research Student
• Worked as part of a team to design a website/blog to promote Electric Vehicle use.
• Examined ultra-capacitors and its efficient application in Electric Vehicles.
Operating Systems: MacOS, Windows and UNIX.
Development Platforms: iOS, tvOS, Android and Amazon Fire TV.
Graphics and Design: Photoshop, AutoCAD and Cadence.
Maisha Innovate- Android & iOS App January 2015 to Present
Founder, Software Architect and Developer
• Working in a team of two to develop and maintain a mobile application that promotes Safe-Sex Education in a fun and interactive manner. (Available on the Apple, Amazon and Google-Play App Stores)
• Designed application features that allow users to connect, access and share information on Safe Sex Education.
Weather Widget (Personal Project) October 2014
RESTFUL API Server/Angular.js Client (Personal Project) August 2014
• Designed a RESTFUL API Server with Node.js, Express and Mongo db.
• Set up a front-end client with Angular.js and JQuery.
Senior Design Project I- Health Kiosk design for low-income communities August 2013-May 2014
• Worked in a two-person team to design a health kiosk with a biometric authentication system.
• Designed a facial recognition system using Principal Component Analysis in Java and MATLAB.
Senior Design Project II- Small Scale Airport Taxiway to prevent incursions Jan 2013-Dec 2013
• Worked in a five-man team to design and build a wooden airport runway and taxi way.
• Assisted the software team in writing arduino programs to control LED light sequencing.
• Bridged the gap between the Software Team and Hardware Team.
Technology Innovation and Enterprise Development, RFID Tracking Aug 2013-Dec 2013
Prepared a feasibility plan for the design of a miniaturized personal locater in the form of a rubber wristband.
Scholarship Academic Session 2012/2013
Recipient of the WVU International Tuition Merit Scholarship
• Selected alongside five other recipients out of over 150 applicants.
• Served as secretary and programming-chair for two years at NSBE-WVU chapter at a time when membership/involvement was tripled.
• Participate in yearly Google-Code-Jam and Hacker-Rank coding competitions.
• Active member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and the National Society of Collegiate Scholars (NSCS).
• Play in a Sunday Soccer league team and participate in pick-up table tennis competitions.
605.486: Mobile Application Development for the Android Platform
605.487: Mobile Application Development for the iOS Platform
West Virginia University
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) | Electrical Engineering & Computer Science